Sorry I've been MIA here on the blog lately. I've been really busy working behind the scenes on a ton of new exciting projects. We are getting close to launching a few of them, and I'm excited to announce that I'm currently looking to expand my team! I'm hoping that it may be one of you!
I’ve actually been going through a long rebranding process for both Bob Heilig and Your Virtual Upline (separately), and I'm having a totally new website created. Oh, and don't forget Shannon is about to give birth to our first child (Baby Greyson)! Needless to say it's been just a little bit crazy.
I'm super excited though, because the new brands and website are AMAZING, and I can’t wait to share it with all of you! It’s going to be VERY different from what I currently have now, but I think the new concept is really going to resonate with you. At least I’m hoping so : )
The reason for my new post in the midst of all of this craziness is to let you know that I’m in the process of hiring someone new for my team!
I’m hoping that it may be one of you!
A year ago, my business consisted of basically just myself, with a part-time virtual assistant who worked just a few hours here and there. But over the last year, I’ve gone through a MAJOR growth spurt – the kind where my outgrown t-shirts are now awkward looking half shirts showing off my belly button.
Add to that, the fact that I’m about to launch my new brand, website, a new podcast, and the 2 biggest projects of my career… I’m in MAJOR need to add an amazing person to my growing team.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
I’m looking for a Project Manager to serve as the control center for an exciting new product that I have coming up in the next couple of months. This new project will be the biggest launch of my career, and will require a full-time person dedicated to ensuring its ongoing growth and development.
This is a full-time remote position, that you can can do from basically anywhere. I’ll be straight with you… this position has high expectations. But if you’re the person that I’m looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by that… so read on.
I don’t need you to be an expert in all of the areas that are listed below. I can teach you much of what you need to learn. Having a basic understanding of many of these areas is helpful, but most importantly you need to be a voracious learner, and be willing to implement quickly what is necessary for the job.
WHAT DOES THE POSITION ENTAIL?
Here are some of the things that would be expected of you:
- Profitability & Growth Strategy – You will be responsible for monthly financial reporting, and assisting in the strategy for new member acquisition and the retention of existing members
- Community Management – You will be responsible for establishing and using interactive tactics to keep members engaged inside of a private FB group. You will be organizing and participating in events to build community and brand awareness.
- Customer Service – This is primarily email based, where you will be answering questions for new and potential members of the group. You will be monitoring and responding to feedback in a timely manner inside the group
- Social Media Strategy & Content Creation – help develop a social media strategy that creates a stronger community and marketing plan. Develop engaging content including copy, image, and video for the community
- Marketing Support – You will manage all collaborative brand marketing, giveaways, and social contests. This will include email marketing, managing the membership content area, and repurposing some of my content inside of the community.
WHO AM I LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- You first and foremost, absolutely LOVE people, put giving and service at the center of your work, and want to find a way to make a positive impact in the world
- Ridiculously detail-oriented, structured, and organized. You LOVE creating systems and processes, and finding ways to make things work more efficiently.
- At the same time, you also have an obvious creative streak and a knack for understanding how to create a stand out brand online.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong personal voice as well as the ability to articulate the brand, online or offline.
- Ability to work independently, positively handle challenges, and work in a fast-paced environment, while also being a great team player.
- Technology savvy, and is proficient in social media platforms like Facebook. You love learning new things and can implement new ideas very quickly.
WHO IS THIS POSITION NOT FOR?
- Someone looking for a “side job” while growing their own business
- People who have a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to create quality content
- Someone who hasn’t read a non-fiction book (or podcast or blog) about business or marketing in a very long time
- Someone who isn’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement
THIS POSITION IS FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Has an entrepreneurial, take charge attitude and is very resourceful
- Loves social media and following new trends
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines
- Has great attention to detail and values brand quality
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces a “until it gets done” attitude
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges
- Adapts really well to changes on the go
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying collected
HERE’S WHAT THE RIGHT PERSON WILL LOVE ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of: learning new ways to make things work
- You’ll get to do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, a hotel pool, on the beach…
- You’ll get to work in a fast growing online training company, where there are LOADS of growth opportunities (both right now and in the future)
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of online marketing, content development, and building a brand with a massive audience online
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how I grew my information business from scratch to multiple 7-figures and a community of over 100,000 people
- You’ll be part of a company that has one primary goal: making a positive impact in the world by helping people get more of what they want, and giving back to people in need. A portion of every dollar earned in our company moving forward will be donated to children in need around the world.
Does this sound like what you’ve been looking for?
If so, here’s what you need to do in order to be considered for this position.
- Create a 3 MINUTE OR LESS video telling me:
- Your name
- Briefly explain how you meet the qualifications
- Why YOU
- Load the video to YouTube, mark the setting as UNLISTED & email the link to [email protected] Subject line: Project Manager application
- Attach your resume in PDF or Word format, and make sure we have your best contact email and phone number
Include your pay expectations in the email (pay will be commensurate with experience)
Please note that you will be an independent contractor, not an employee. We will be reviewing the submissions over the next couple of weeks, and wll get back to you once we’ve selected the candidates to be interviewed.
Thanks for your time and feel free to pass this along to anyone that you know who may be a strong candidate for the position!